Thursday 28 March 2013

Watching the wrong sort of movie

It's been a long day. We had clouds and a little rain today and suddenly everything's changed. The last of summer has gone and Easter heralds the onset of winter. Funny how it always rains at Easter. Must be to keep the Two Oceans Marathon runners cool.

Although I did a lot today, the hours have dragged by. So strange, when the last few months have felt like the world is spinning faster and time has speeded up. I even watched a movie on DSTv. I don't know why I bothered, it wasn't at all uplifting - rather depressing really - I suppose I'm not one to watch anything involving relationship dramas. Life has too much of that - we shouldn't need to be exposed to even more of it in movies. I firmly believe movies should entertain, not make you frightened or feel sad or depressed. If you want to know a good movie not to watch - Closer (Jude Law and Julia Roberts)! You have been warned.

I think I'll go to bed and read a book - hopefully that will shake off the effects of watching other people's misfortune on tv. If all else fails, I will just have to resort to a rerun of the Sound of Music!


No comments:

Post a Comment