Saturday 23 March 2013

The sunsets of my life

We are heading towards sunset season here in Kommetjie. Although May is usually the most favourable month, with the seasons becoming so muddled all over the world, any night can be sunset night. You can tell by the cloud level what the sunset will be like and so have plenty of time to position yourself optimally to photograph this amazing phenomenon of nature.

I remember one sunset in particular some years back that was just so spectacular that people were driving up the mountain road above the lighthouse to catch the reflection in the sea and then dashing back down to the Kom to get a wave shot and down to Long Beach to get the back of Table Mountain and Chapman's Peak. I was one of them and, even though I say so myself, am justifiably proud of the results. The infamous 'they' say you should never attempt to paint a sunrise or sunset, but I did and they grace homes around the world, so they couldn't have been that far off the mark.


I never get tired of watching a sunset. Every one is unique and provides an opportunity to appreciate this incredible place we live in. Here are a few for you to enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment