Friday 25 January 2013

A bit of a ramble

Really enjoying a bit of time out, visiting friends, strolling along the path along the beachfront, idly standing in the garden holding the hosepipe rather than moving the spray every ten minutes. It's been a while since I had time to do pretty much nothing and it's something we all need to do more often. It doesn't matter if you don't fill every waking moment with activity. Life is meant to be enjoyed, and that means taking care of yourself first. Spend a day without looking at your watch; the sun will tell you all you need to know. Make it a day without time, for after all, time is just an illusion we use to order our lives. Breakfast at 8, lunch at 1, supper at 7. How about fruit at 7, nuts and seeds at 10, an omelette and salad at 1, fruit at 4 and fish and steamed vegetables at 7? I can guarantee that after two weeks of that, you will have lost weight, feel ten years younger, probably have no aches and pains and actually have taste buds again. I know; it is roughly the way of life I have followed for 3 years now, and I can attest to the results. If I lapse back into eating starchy food, I immediately feel lethargic and get aching joints again from acidity. There is no doubt that going the whole hog is the only way.

But I digress. Back to time. I have always felt obliged to put dinner on the table by 6pm even if nobody will be home before then, just in case they are. Today I was out and I thought, hey, they're all adults, if supper's late they'll live. So I didn't go home till after 6 and I hadn't even thought what would be for supper. I scratched a few pork chops out of the deep freeze, defrosted them in the microwave while I put root vegetables in the casserole, then put the chops on top, liberally scattered salt and paprika and put the whole lot in the oven. Tossed some sliced baby marrows in a pan with butter and lemon juice and we still ate by 7.

So I can thoroughly recommend a day without tracking time. Even my blog has rambled off in different directions today, proving that you don't always have to have a point!

No comments:

Post a Comment