Sunday 27 January 2019

Eating out a lot!

It's been a week of lurching from lunch to lunch, driving from dinner to dinner. But who am I to complain? In between I've burned the calories off in the mountains in the most wonderful weather for hiking - strong wind to keep us cool and clouds to cover the sun. Unfortunately the wind has not been good for the wildfires that develop from fires set either deliberately or carelessly by people who have no understanding of the serious consequences of these uncontrollable fires. One can only hope that those currently raging in Cape Town spare loss of life. Latest updates are not encouraging.

The lunches have brought interesting conversations and delectable food into my life - I may have exaggerated when I said I had burned off the calories, and I may have to double my walks this week! Although I am an avid cook and don't mind the time spent in the kitchen, it is always a treat to eat someone else's food, particularly when they are among some of the finest chefs in town. When each dish is a treat for the tastebuds, it inspires me to put more effort into home cooking, and I certainly have plenty of input on hand. As a thank you to good friends, here is a short review:

Karibu (South African Dining), V&A Waterfront: excellent service, lovely venue with amazing views, and  familiar foods with an extra special twist. My absolute favourites were: smoked snoek pate, slow-roasted lamb shanks and an incredible crème brulee. I will be back.

 




Yumcious: Durbanville and Cape Quarter: Breakfast and lunch - my favourite place for salads and vegetables. Too many dishes to identify, but always well worth a visit for fresh and tasty food that is always better than home! Roast pork belly - mmmmm!

























No comments:

Post a Comment