Thursday 27 September 2018

Seeing things clearly

Having suffered from astigmatism my whole life, my eventual switch from three different pairs of glasses (long distance, computer distance and close up) to multifocals a few years ago opened up a whole new world of clarity and vision! For the first time I could actually distinguish individual leaves on trees in detail, and while I was always able to see perfectly adequately without glasses, the pinpoint focus had been missing. The purpose of this rambling is to identify why I so enjoy taking extreme close up photos of flowers and birds and why I bought a camera that makes it easy to do this. It's because being able to zoom in on an object far away and expand the images on a computer screen takes all the hard work out of trying to see the details with eyes that are less than perfect. I'm going to share some of my favourites, as I'm sure there are many more like me who enjoy the magnificence of nature.















No comments:

Post a Comment