Wednesday 23 August 2017

Busy time at the feeder

One of the sales points of my new toy, the Nikon P900, is the Wi-Fi feature that allows me to set up the camera and then retire to the comfort of the couch and take about 100 photos of the birds at the feeder remotely. While I have many, many hours of learning ahead, at the moment I am just enjoying playing with it and being pleasantly surprised at how well the photos are coming out. Imagine what I can achieve when I learn to set the shutter speed, lighting and picture size.
The suet ball attracts about 6 species of bird at present, it being midwinter, and it's entertaining to watch the pecking order and jostling for position. The Cape White-eyes used to be in the fore, but lately the house sparrows have taken over, with two redwing starlings strong-arming their way in from time to time. Two robins hop about on the ground beneath the suet ball, very happy to avoid the bun fight above and pick up the scraps of suet.








Today it seemed that a house sparrow pair, which I have named Lovey and Dovey, were the main feeders, with a few of their kids in tow, and I was able to get some photos of the happy couple.


No comments:

Post a Comment