Wednesday 16 September 2015

Peace and quiet

A calm and gentle day in Kommetjie today. The air is comfortably cool and the sun bearably warm. White puffy clouds scud across a pale blue sky, and a swallow has just flown by, the second I have seen in the last week, so maybe it does make - perhaps not a summer - but at least a nudge into spring.



The fragrant buddleia is almost in full bloom and its heavy scent, which regrettably cannot be attached to this blog, is the most wondrous thing. As I stand here on the deck, my senses are filled with the joys of nature at its very best and I can only feel hope and positivity for the world as I observe that it is only Man that has a problem with enjoying life.
I can only say that when one is feeling the weight of the world, some quiet time under a tree or walking next to the sea with a conscious effort to clear your mind of any thoughts, whether good or bad, happy or sad, is a restorative process that is free and available to all. Try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment