Saturday 22 August 2015

Blog #1001

I just noticed from the stats on this blog that I have posted 1 000 blogs. This will be 1 001.
I don't recall any particular reason for starting a blog, except that one day my nephew suggested it, and I went home that very day and blogged on. Writing has always been the love of my life, since I first put pencil to paper in primary school. Composition, or essays as they were known in big school, was my favourite occupation and never presented a problem - the subject would be given and somehow the words always flowed. My only recollection of school, apart from how hopeless I was at maths, was that my essays were often read out to the class, although I always felt that others' were far more deep and meaningful.
Deep and meaningful are not my first choice when it comes to blogging, as I feel you can all work out the meaning of life for yourselves, but occasionally I feel strongly enough to put across my own views. I far prefer light and fairly frivolous, as there is already sufficient sadness in the world and we were not put here to be sad, but to shine our light upon others and allow them to be who they are.
You have probably noticed that I thrive on the simple things in life - a flock of birds flying overhead, a cloud formation, the quality of the light as the seasons change. I live in the perfect place to feed this love - a small seaside village with vast open skies, mountains, beaches, a rocky shoreline and the incessant ebb and flow of the tides. Night time brings the opportunity to view the same world in even simpler terms and enjoy the solitude of sitting under the stars and listening rather than seeing.
There is a great deal to be said for a little gentle solitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment