Monday 31 August 2015

Being an activist

He Who Can Fix Anything thinks I am an activist, because I am not afraid to have a different opinion to the mainstream. I would say I hardly qualify as an activist, but rather as a lonely voice bleating in the wilderness! I am certainly not prepared to lie in front of a bulldozer to save a forest, or march to Parliament to declare dissatisfaction with the way things are run, and I do sometimes feel I could do more to be a voice for the voiceless, but we are all here to do things in our own way, so guilt does not accompany my lack of being seen to be in the front line!
I have had the privilege to become acquainted with many who have no fear of retribution in their bold attacks on big corporations and governments alike and can only marvel at the contribution they make to breaking free of the beliefs that hold Man in a vice of subjugation. If only everyone could understand that fear is the only enemy - fear of being thought different, weird, of not conforming to what is considered acceptable.
This is not the way to live your life! Think about how you really feel about a situation and consider what is behind those feelings. Make a decision to make your own decisions rather than follow what the crowd. Your instinct is the true answer - overthinking is just a rehash of what you have been taught.
Have an original thought.
Become an activist in your own life.

No comments:

Post a Comment