Saturday 6 June 2015

Glad to be me

I’m glad to be me.
Glad that I can sit on my balcony in the brilliant winter sunshine, looking out over the sea at the flotilla of little boats catching fish, seabirds waiting patiently nearby for the chance to snatch at a scrap; watching puffy white clouds scudding imperceptibly across the pale blue sky, casting shadows on the rugged mountains below.
Glad that I live in this little village, quite far from the madding crowd and the noise that accompanies city life, in a little wooden house that is warm in winter and cool in summer, with a garden filled with birds, insects, amphibians, the odd reptile, occasional porcupine or baboon.
Glad that I am able to give a home to two dogs and two cats, so that they may live in shelter with all the necessities to give them a comfortable life; in return they give devoted companionship and a caring presence.
Glad that I am surrounded by people who give me the opportunity to demonstrate who I really am in every way and have provided the means for me to give and receive of the things that are important in life.
Glad that I am aware that life is all about choice and responsibility and that I always have the ability to change everything in an instant simply by taking a different road forward.
Glad to be accepting of everything that has happened throughout my life, with the knowledge of why.
Glad to understand that happiness comes from within.
Glad to know joy in my heart.

Glad to be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment