Tuesday 29 July 2014

Stepping out

As part of my 'parking off' week, I was treated to a massage to smooth out the knots in my back and shoulder muscles from too much time at the computer. Boy, did it hurt! But it has to hurt to be healed, and although I feel as though I have been hit by a bus, over the next few days all will be relieved.

To aid in my recovery, I uncharacteristically did some retail therapy at Constantia Village, a few notches up from the local mall. Having discussed with a friend that I either dress for the red carpet or a homeless person and not much in between, it seems as though I definitely need to add a few select items to the wardrobe, starting with the feet. How easy it is to slop around in trainers (albeit Hotters) rather than heels - if your feet hurt, you cannot possibly be cheerful - but some outfits just don't cut it. I had in mind ankle boots with a bit of a heel as this would allow me to take a few pairs of pants out of the back of the wardrobe to see the light of day in some style.

Being the world's most reluctant shopper, imagine my delight as the very first pair of boots I laid eyes on was: 1. My size 2. Hand made genuine leather. 3. Half price! Barely managing to contain my excitement, I stuffed my certain type of precious metal card in my pocket (I had been walking to the ATM to draw cash for cappuccino) and shot into the shop, doing the deal without delay. I didn't use the card for the purchase, and when I eventually stood at the ATM, I turned my pockets inside out, my bag inside out, the carrier with the boots inside out. A friendly Italian woman told me she always stays calm when she can't find her card and goes through everything - at least I didn't feel it was only me! I scuttled back to the shoe shop and found nothing but was told to go to Info in case it had been handed in. On the way there, my phone rang. It was the bank letting me know the card had been handed in. Three things: 1. Right shopping centre. 2. Always have your phone. 3. Great service.

After all that excitement, I had my usual Short Latte at the Seattle Coffee Company, who have been consistently excellent over 15 years or so, but this time fell far short of my expectations, so it's on to pastures new. All in all, a successful day, with multiple satisfaction in the personal arena.

No comments:

Post a Comment