Wednesday 14 May 2014

Wide awake

Drat! The full moon is keeping me awake again. It's not shining through the window onto my face or anything, it's just being full moon. Many people are affected by the full moon, especially relating to their sleep patterns. Perhaps it's a throwback to ancient times when people had ceremonies linked to the full moon, taking advantage of the ability to see clearly throughout the night without artificial light, and some deeply rooted gene is remembering that we used to stay up all night.

Perhaps the liquid which makes up the majority of the human body is unsettled as it feels the extra pull of the moon, like spring tide in the ocean. Even the underground fresh water aquifers feel the pull of the moon and rise closer to the surface at this time.

Perhaps it is just the mind telling me that I am affected by the full moon and so I am; after all, what we imagine is what comes about.

Perhaps it's the delicious roast pork dinner I had that is sitting heavy in my stomach, too rich for the body to digest in a somnolent state.

Methinks it is the latter.

No comments:

Post a Comment