Thursday 8 May 2014

Technical tizz!

With multiple technical breakdowns in the broadband, microwave and radio wave fields at home over the last view days, it is a miracle I am able to sit here and tap at the keys. My frame of mind has been bordering on panic attack (according to my daughter), but to me, a complete lack of self-control in the temper department. Anyone who really knows anything about me will know that maintaining equilibrium at all times is of utmost importance to me, but the sight of the knot of wiring connecting the computer, fax machine and phone line is enough to send my blood pressure into orbit, particularly when I am trying to either disconnect them all or, even worse, trying to reconnect in the correct order.

I have to realise that not having access to continuous contact with the outside world is not important in the greater scheme of things, but somehow the lack of ADSL blows everything out of proportion. If it weren't for the facility of wi-fi at the local coffee shop and current use of my (very expensive) data bundle on my cell phone, I wouldn't have been able to execute a number of vital business functions today. But now that I have done them, I can relax a bit and spend a few minutes bashing out this blog. It's something I've got used to doing and I feel incomplete if I haven't sent something out into the ether at least once a day!

I'm going to spend a lot of time reading this weekend - it doesn't require an internet connection or any form of electrical equipment. I'll just have to hope my eyes hold out!

Here's a calming picture to enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment