Monday 24 December 2012

Wasted day

I have nothing to report for yesterday.
Without going into gory details, a stomach bug hit in the middle of the night and for 24 hours I lay on my back, sipping water and electrolytes and mainly sleeping.

Today I woke up feeling much better and had an egg for breakfast to no ill effect. Tonight is Christmas Eve dinner, so it's a great relief that this all happened yesterday, otherwise it would have to have been cancelled.

How strange it was to have a day go by with nothing happening. The garden didn't get watered. I didn't cook for anybody. I didn't go for a walk, or do the washing. I didn't bother with Facebook or emails. Perhaps these incidents are sent to force you to take a break from life? It seems as though the world has continued to turn and it rained in the night to compensate for not watering the garden. And the family managed just fine without me.

I'd rather do without a break like that, though! Give me a week in Tuscany, rather.

No comments:

Post a Comment