Wednesday 19 December 2012

More ramblings...

Having spent the last week glued to my computer, I am ready to take a day off to do a little food shopping for Christmas. I didn't go outside before 4 o'clock yesterday, which was one of the hottest days ever. As I stepped through the door, a gust of galeforce southeaster assaulted me and tree branches bent and shook, scattering leaves as if it were autumn. It continued to blow as I took a short walk along the beachfront to get the circulation going again, and as I returned home, the wind died down again and faded to nothing.

This morning we are blanketed in a kind of mist which is keeping us cool, but will probably drive beachgoers to the mall where I will have to join the happy throng. Not my favourite time to shop! Mind you, no time is ever my favourite - I'm just not a shopper. The worst kind of shopping is clothes shopping. Those mirrors expose every lump and bump and reveal that you should spend a little more time in the sunshine if you don't want to look that slightly blue colour. With my new no-ironing plan, I will be looking for clothes that are supposed to look creased all the time, which usually turn out to be long dresses and skirts made in India, which are very attractive, but not what I am used to wearing. Then again, you can stay as you are for the rest of your life, or you can change to....... (fill in appropriate word - I can guess what came to mind first, all you Saffers!)

It seems as though the New Year will lead to all sorts of new things and I for one am looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment