Wednesday 14 January 2015

Melting away

Roasting hot here today - at one stage the thermometer out on the balcony said 44.5 deg C. Even next to the sea we didn't get a cooling breeze, although now, at 23h15, the chill off the sea is very welcome but the inside of the house is still 26 degrees. I have to admit that no gardening was done today. The gardener turned up, but was blatantly honest about the fact that he was not actually looking to work today, but rather get an advance and come back on Friday. He gets so many advances that I don't think he can do enough work to cover them! However...

There was a spectacular sunset tonight, but unfortunately I was at a Toastmasters meeting and was inside a building and unable to see it. Thank goodness for social media - it was splattered all over my screen when I got home, so could enjoy it after all! The 'unfortunately' doesn't relate to being at Toastmasters - I belong to an exceptionally active, inspirational and fun club, full of talented and entertaining speakers and leaders who have so much to teach in all aspects of life, not just how to make a good speech. I came away from tonight's meeting determined to make greater effort in my speech-making and to stop procrastinating in so many areas. I've always got by on 'why do today what you can put off till tomorrow', but that is not the way to make headway in achieving goals and milestones.

Here's hoping I can kick my own butt!

1 comment:

  1. Gosh yes, my family have told me about the temperatures there, yesterday especially! Hectic. Hard to imagine being that hot when we are often in the - degrees here at the moment! Good luck with the toastmasters speech preparing and hope you have some cooler weather soon!

    ReplyDelete