Sunday 30 June 2019

Those wooden giraffes

  What possesses tourists who succumb to the lure of a 12ft wooden giraffe? Do they think there is room in the aircraft galley for it, or that it will survive a trip in the plane's hold?
  Airports have rooms specially set aside for decapitated giraffes. They eventually get used as fire wood for the end-of-the-year staff party, where we suspect that all the confiscated items are redistributed among the attendees.
  I must admit that, even for me as a local, these giraffes exude great charm. It is a long-held dream of mine to put one under the milkwood tree in my front garden, where its head can poke through the foliage and drivers-by can catch it in their peripheral vision, causing a neck-jerk reaction and almost certainly some business for paramedics and panel beaters.I suppose that would be one way I could contribute to the economy.
  I really only need the head end, so if anyone wants to share the cost and part with the top half, please call me.

No comments:

Post a Comment