Saturday 13 August 2016

Waiting in hope

As I lie supine on my bed, staring at the puffy white clouds scudding across a pale blue sky, it dawns on me that the other residents think that this 6-star hotel runs itself. No-one took the dogs outside at 5.30. They weren't given their medicine and food at 6.30. No tea appeared on my bedside table until 2 requests for room service had been submitted electronically and then verbally. No breakfast was offered.
Cleo has been given free rein to bounce all over me with a variety of toys since 5.45 and I have now closed the door so she can stare balefully at me from the other side of the glass. She desperately needs some exercise and playtime. Perhaps later.
I've sent for room service as it's now tea time. I wonder if I'll be lucky? I hear promising noises from the kitchen.
Nope.
(A while later)
Hooray! Number One Son doing duties! Must have been the muttering.

No comments:

Post a Comment