Wednesday 9 December 2015

The RetoHQ experience

The parking area is a construction site. Roadworks have been ongoing for maybe four years as the road between Fish Hoek and Muizenberg and underlying infrastructure have undergone a major upgrade. Trucks and bulldozers are part of the view. A stop/go system is in operation outside the front door, with tailbacks stretching as far as the eye can see.

As the heavy slatted outer door clicks softly open, I step inside to a haven of calm, cool greys in every shade, a decor that can only be described as 'class and style' and make my way upstairs to the salon where Reto is waiting with his magic scissors. Ultracool music sets the tone as I am given a guided tour of RetoHQ - not your average hairdresser's salon - and feel as though I have stepped into a spa for the day. On the other side of the road, the sea sparkles in False Bay, and it's my lucky day - dolphins are frolicking in the waves! My first 'live' dolphins!

 
 


 Soon I am reclining in a chair at the basin and almost fall asleep such is its comfort, as it lifts and tilts at exactly the right angle for the basin - I think I might go back every day just for a hairwash! Then under the knife (or rather, scissors) with Reto in his element, doing what he loves best. What a lifestyle - doing what you love in a place that defies what is happening outside in the street - you hear no sounds from the construction - amid surroundings that feed the soul and senses and with a view to die for.
He adjusted the airconditioning slightly - by opening the balcony door slightly wider to let in a little sea breeze - my kind of airconditioner!
It's no wonder that he spends much of the year in exotic places on various assignments. His enthusiasm and zest for life radiate towards all who surround him and you are not getting just a haircut. You are getting an experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment