Wednesday 2 December 2015

A rude awakening

I wouldn't say that 4.30 is the ideal time to wake up, but I have had some practice with the rooster crowing nearby. This morning it was caterwauling and a cat fight to end all cat fights that galvanised the household (some of us, anyway) into action. We rushed outside armed with a torch and turned on the outside lights as we prepared to rescue our kitties from the claws of a caracul or suchlike - only to find that it was light enough to see without the help of artificial means! The sky over the mountain was lightening to a shade of blue that didn't quite fit in with the scenario - directly overhead a half moon glowed through dark clouds. It was an eerie experience to see half the sky dark and half light.
The cats came running in for an early breakfast, completely unscathed, and it wouldn't surprise me if they had been fighting with each other. Back to bed, and time for a little chit-chat on social media with fellow insomniacs locally and abroad. By 5am the rooster was in full throat, so I caught up on reams of Twitter messages. By 6am I was ready for a snooze, but it was time to get up. A busy day ensued and now I am going out to a Toastmasters meeting, where I have to evaluate, meaning no lapse in concentration allowed!
Why does it always happen that I desperately need to sleep at the most inappropriate times?!
On the up side, it was really magnificent out in the garden at 4.30.

No comments:

Post a Comment