Saturday 17 March 2012

The last place you would expect your cat to wee

This blog is an addendum to My cats #1:

My ancient cat, Fluffy, has an evil mindset in his dotage. You can leave him outside all day and the instant you let him in, he will surreptitiously sneak off to do his business. This cat has a bladder capacity of note, and as he drinks an awful lot of water and milk during the day, there is a plentiful supply. These are the places he has managed to let go in so far:

On the bathroom mat (a favourite)
In the shower (still almost acceptable as it has a drain)
On the outside of the litter tray (a case of a miss is as good as a mile)
In my shoe (nasty surprise)
In my husband's shoe (soaked and scrubbed before he found out)
On the laundry pile (also nasty but at least headed for the wash anyway)
In the sugar bowl (least said about that the better)
In my handbag (ostrich leather, went straight under the hot tap, soaked for days, dried in the sun - perfect)
And the pièce de résistance:
My laptop (insurance bought me a new one, so thank you Fluffy!)

My family are adamant that it is not for us to decide when the cat's days are over, so I just send out little requests for a peaceful demise in his sleep.

2 comments: