Sunday 19 June 2011

My Dad

It's Father's Day today. In our family we don't 'celebrate' Father's Day.  Every day is Father's Day. Everyone thinks that their Dad is the best and that is true - he is the best for you.
My Dad is the best for me.  He has always been there when I've needed him, helped when I've needed help, stayed silent when he felt criticism would not be constructive, advised when asked and never judged.  He has been an example to us all throughout his life, and we have yet to discover his faults.  His interest in everything life has to offer has been passed on to his 3 daughters and at a very young 83 he is still an active member of many clubs and societies and strives to learn something new every day.  He is currently grappling with the huge source of knowledge on the internet, and I hope that he will find this letter to him as he surfs today.
Thanks, Dad, for being you.

No comments:

Post a Comment