Thursday 20 February 2020

A star party again!

Am sitting in the shade of a willow surrounded by lush green lawns overlooking a farm dam at Leeuwenboschfontein. A cool wind is blowing down the valley bringing relief from a temperature a day or two ago of 39 degrees. I'm glad I missed that! Most people will arrive for the star party tomorrow,  and so I am practically alone in this most idyllic campsite with no sound but the soughing of the wind through the trees of and the gentle hum of my camping fridge.
The sun is sinking alarmingly fast towards the western hills, making for early twilight for someone who is used to seeing sunset on the sea, but sunrise will be earlier than home and I will be looking out for the planetary alignment before the crack of dawn.
This is a rare chance for me to tune out of the ratrace, so it's off with the wifi (there isn't any)  and out with the telescopes. Check you later!


No comments:

Post a Comment