Wednesday 29 May 2019

A day with ups and downs

A challenging day started off with the espresso machine not working correctly, the washing machine restarting itself at the end of a programme and then completely freezing up, the lens of my camera jamming in the open position after shooting Jupiter and the moon before dawn and then not operating at all, and of course the dratted mole threw up a volcano in the middle of the lawn, leaving a cavernous excavation for me to fall into at a later date.
The molehill caused me to remember that I had fed the washing machine outlet pipe (which has always gone straight into the garden, even before the Great Drought) into the last molehill, hoping to chase it away with an overdose of sludgy detergent water. Lightbulb moment - the water can't drain from the machine! Solved that problem.
The espresso machine - no coffee coming out and build up of pressure causing small coffee explosion when removing from dispensing position. I cleaned the filter cup with a pin and ran through the troubleshooting checklist, but nothing helped. I then put the double espresso filter cup in place and that did work, but there is no explanation for why the single shot is blocking. Important part of my day! Will have to give it more thought.
Moaned to my daughter about the camera not working. She told me to take the battery out. Instant success! Like rebooting a computer, I suppose. So very, very happy about being behind the lens again.
And then the day brightened considerably - hairdo day with the inimitable Reto - and after three hours of pampering and being made to feel like the most important client of the day, I felt like a whole new person! Thank you - you are a light in the world!
Back home, it was time to tackle another challenge - cleaning and filleting three fish that were given to us, fresh from the sea. So fresh that the flesh was soft and pliable, not the easiest to fillet - and after an hour and a half I picked the last of the scales off my hands and checked my Fitbit - almost as much exercise as a hike in the hills. Plus a delicious dinner. What a bonus!
A few other challenges remained, but what is life but a bumpy ride for us to enjoy. Tomorrow is another day, and today was also filled with blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment