Monday 11 December 2017

Looking back again

Just to show that nothing is new under the sun, here is my blog from exactly 5 years ago. Nothing has changed except the level of the dams! Even the meteor shower is due to be obscured by cloud again. No further news on the UFO. The porcupines and baboons haven't been seen for months. Head in oven to retrieve supper.

So who's enjoying the weather in Cape Town now? Gale force southeaster slamming doors and pulling curtains through windows. Gates banging and dirt flying everywhere. Paintings are all crooked on the walls as house on pillars rocks and rolls, and one even fell off and knocked over the small telescope which now needs to be realigned, if that is possible! In between gusts, the humidity is suffocating and we are all looking as though we have just had an hour's workout at the gym, but without the benefit of having burned off the calories. The only good thing is that we are drinking lots of water.

I'm going to try and look for the Geminid meteor shower tonight (I think about 11 or maybe 3?), but there are some high clouds which might obscure it. I saw a brief preview on Sunday night with a few shooting stars and a very bright object that shot across the sky and was definitely not a meteor; possibly a very low satellite. On Monday night I was out visiting a friend and came home at 10 o'clock, only to see the next day that at 9pm a UFO was spotted above us and friends in Knysna also saw it. Just my luck, if I had been at home I might have seen it. Tried last night, but no luck. Very interesting that the photo posted later matched the description given by the friend. Time will tell on that subject.

No porcupine last night, which is good news, although I see that half of my vegetables have been eaten. Could have been a giant worm, or a guinea fowl or suchlike. We have a lot of wildlife here!

Time to put my head in the oven and see if supper's ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment