Thursday 5 October 2017

Capturing life

For years I have been able to stand in the garden, surrounded by birds on nearby twigs and flitting from tree to tree, while never having a camera to hand to capture the moment. Now I have the camera, the birds have not co-operated one little bit. As soon as I take the lens cap off, they disappear quicker than a flock of pigeons before a swooping sparrowhawk. Most of my photos now consist of a trembling twig, with the occasional leg disappearing in the upper right-hand corner.
I suppose this is what a hide is all about. A place to sit in silence for many hours, waiting for that perfect shot. I don't have the patience for that yet, so will practise my photography on a more amenable subject that can't move, as it is literally rooted to the spot - flowers!
The best thing about flowers is that they generally have an insect in them, unseen to the naked eye, and editing the photos reveals all sorts of hidden treasures. Here are a few!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment